23/10/2013

A little explanation ...

So ... Hey there. It's been a while. About 4 months actually, and for that I'm sorry. I've been hidden away in the depths of rustic Italy since July working my summer job as a waitress and at a B+B. I had such an amazing time, and I was kept very busy with work, so blogging became quite difficult. That and the fact that the only thing I could blog about would be the food (DE-LI-CIOUS), but as I was the one serving it rather than eating it, I feel like it would probably have been frowned upon to whip out my camera after putting someone's food down in front of them and asking them if I can take a quick pic before they start eating ....

I wish I had some photos to share with you, but I'm ashamed to admit that I really didn't take that many. Although the view was stunning and I woke up to the sight of the rolling hills of the valley every morning, I started to get used to it, and it soon didn't seem as amazing as I thought it was upon arrival and by the time I was leaving and realised I was going to miss it, the English weather had come to join me and my beautiful view was covered in grey clouds.

But I'm back now, officially feeling a little lost and in a very in-between stage of my life. This is the first time that I've finished summer and not had to go to school, and I'm sure everyone who has experienced that will remember just how odd it is to see everyone back at school and not to be there yourself. I'm on my gap year now, applying to unis, internships and work experience and just trying to find myself and grow up a bit I suppose (please excuse the cliche, it kills me just reading that back.)

Now that I don't have school commitments and no full time job as of yet, I'm hoping to put a little more time into my blog here (...again ... I know .. Fifth time lucky?). I finally feel happy with the layout, and have a lot of things that I want to share.

So bear with me as I try to find my feet on this blog again. My photos may be a little dodgy as I try to find a photography style that suits me, but I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing them improve, and at least they won't get any worse. That's it from me for now, but speak soon. Promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment