03/01/2012

your love is my turning page ...

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year! I sure did :) As I mentioned before, I spent Christmas with my grandparents and my mom in Denmark, and spent post-Christmas with my friends, which is lovely as I only get to see them once every 6 months or so. We spent the day in tivoli, which is an amusement park in the middle of Copenhagen, and then went back to a friend's house where we spent the night massaging and watching Lord of The Rings. As for New Year, well, I spent that tucked up in a hotel in London, getting a full body salt scrub and making full use of the available amenities such as sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Fireworks you ask? Well, I'll let you in on a little secret. I don't like fireworks. I know, I know, I sound like a cranky old woman, but in all seriousness, who on earth wants to stand around for hours in the cold surrounding by lots of people to watch 10 minutes of sparks in the sky which make an unnecessarily loud noise. Instead, I watched them on a big telly in my room tucked up in a big comfy bed with room service. Definately the better choice in my opinion. Other than that, nothing much has happened lately. I've been wearing my new coat religiously (which I will post a picture of at some point, I promise.) and trying to stick to my new years resolution - get healthy, which more or less involves eating better and exercising, even if it means I get home later than I'd like to. Luckily, my friend's in it with me, so I won't be braving the gym alone. I will also promise to be a better blogger, and hopefully 2012 will be even better than 2011. Here are some pictures of my holidays. Hope you all had a wonderful start to the year.
from london, with love.


my grandparent's christmas tree :)



me with my grandma and grandpa.


salting the pork for christmas eve dinner.


danish christmas even dinner - pork, red cabbage, sugar-browned potatoes and prunes. yummy.


dessert - rice pudding with almonds and cherry sauce. someone has a whole almond, and whoever finds it wins a prize.




my cookies and treats for santa with a cup of chocolate milk, and a bowl of water and apples for the reindeers.

and i'm currently really into this song: turning page by sleeping at last.




No comments:

Post a Comment